“Jane’s Walk is a movement of free, citizen-led walking tours inspired by Jane Jacobs. The walks get people to tell stories about their communities, explore their cities and connect with neighbours.”
“Cities have the capability of providing something for everybody, only because, and only when, they are created by everybody.”Jane Jacobs
You can walk or cycle through one of six area municipalities and enjoy a range of fascinating walks telling the stories of our region, its history, its characters and its challenges. Here is a list of the opportunities available:
- Camp 30/Jury Lands Walk (former WWII POW Camp) – This tour explores Camp 30, a National Historic Site and former WWII POW camp for high-ranking German officers.
- Werden’s Walk – A guided tour through the historic Werden’s Plan neighbourhood.
- Walking in the Steps of the Bomb Girls: Ajax and the DIL Munitions Plant – Find out about the World War II history and connection to the birth of the Ajax community, while learning stories about the Bomb Girls.
- Camp-X Walking Tour – It all happened right here. Spies and soldiers trained in top-secret skills, not to mention inspiration for Ian Fleming and his 007 legacy.
- Oshawa’s Cycling “Walk” – Find out about the history and be introduced to Oshawa’s cycling network.
- Discovering Oshawa’s historic downtown – Explore Oshawa’s historic Four Corners.